Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cool Art: 'Forbidden Planet' by Laurent Durieux

'Forbidden Planet' by Laurent Durieux.

Wow! I love these posters by Laurent Durieux. Have to get this on my wall! These will be part of Laurent's solo art show at the Mondo Gallery on 4115 Guadalupe Street, Austin, Texas, from February 7, 2014 and running through March 1.
“Man, I love this movie! So retro-futuristic, so naive, so kitsch! That’s really my dope! Robby the Robot is iconic which is why I had to put it as THE star of the movie poster. The original poster is just sublime, the colours are just so vibrant, and so I tried to emulate that impression on my own take of this science fiction classic. This poster is the piece that took me the longest to finish, almost 2 months! I think it was worth the effort and the number of layers!” - Laurent Durieux.
Regular Edition
Variant Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment