Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cool Art: 'The Lone Ranger' by Paul Shipper

'The Lone Ranger' by Paul Shipper.
"When I first heard about Disney's Lone Ranger movie coming out - I thought, what a perfect movie for an illustrated one sheet! I got very excited to see what may come of the official poster... Sadly, it didn't happen. The marketing seemed to be very Tonto heavy, mostly due to Johnny Depp being in that role. It is called "The Lone Ranger", not "Tonto the Movie".... I felt an opportunity had been missed and so, I decided to create a poster that I thought could be deemed worthy of The Lone Ranger... I only hope you agree... but this was to satisfy my own fan whoes... much like the JJ Abrams Star Trek posters, this is a personal project, for fun...and for the love of the old movie posters I grew up with."

No comments:

Post a Comment